Friday, July 2, 2010

Thing #5 Getting Started with RSS

Using the RSS feed is going to be very helpful. As I spend much time in the
reading of the blogs, it is imperative to save time by using this tool. It is so amazing to me that I will have this info to come to me daily! I do realize that my challenge will be that I might have to limit the number of blogs due to the buildup in the information.
Along with the three feeds that we were assigned, I also subscribed to www.npr.org, www.nytimes.com, Successful Teaching, and The Happiness Project. Time has been spent in reading these blogs and I can see how helpful this will be as the school year begins.
As I do read methodically and "thoroughly", I perceive that I need to develop the art of "skimming" so that I will be able to access a greater number of articles. This is the part of blogging that is challenging for me.
In the article regarding the 21st century, I found it very interesting that the author (Linda/ Jan. 29, 2009) was so candid about her areas of blogging that were still confusing to her.
No matter the age of the learner, I believe the mindset has to be to "keep on" trying. Perseverance in this area would gradually bring understanding...then mastery? Lifelong learners do not quit! When students "catch" this enthusiasm for learning and claim it for themselves, they will process true learning...and enjoy it at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely learned to limit the number of feeds I was receiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so relate to your experience of realizing how much time can be consumed in reading, reading, reading blogs. There is so much to say, so much to read, and so little time!

    ReplyDelete